Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pumpkin Show 2010: Part 5

Katie was BORN to photograph those deep-fried buckeyes, no?

This "four photos at the bottom and title at the top" layout is another one of my favorite go-to scrapbook page formats for 4x6 prints. It's so easy when the photos do most of the work.


Rather than use another big title on this one, I tried making one of those fun "clustery" page toppers I've been seeing lately:


I envy scrapbookers who make a lot of their own original embellishments, because I really love the end result, but I'm usually way too impatient for this sort of thing and would rather just slap on a pre-made sticker. I had fun with this one, though. layering punched shapes, ribbon, and stickers over and inked-up tag and a chunk of an adhesive border. I might just try this again sometime.

Another "Get Out of Journaling Free" trick I use on my pages is to grab a Dymo embossing label maker to add simple captions to my photos. The fact that they're dimensional and shiny means that they can pull double-duty as both journaling and embellishments. I usually use my classic, all-caps labeler, but instead, for the first time EVER, I got into Katie's scrapbook stash (which collects dust in my closet until she comes to visit me), and I pulled out her nifty Dymo caption maker so I could use these cute lowercase letters, instead. Thanks, Katie!



Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: American Crafts
Punches: EK Success & Fiskars
Embossing Folder: Provocraft
Stickers: Heidi Grace, Reminisce, Target
Ribbon: American Crafts
Decorative Tape: K&Co.
Label Maker: Dymo